I don't know about you, but Tuesdays are often tougher for me to get through than Mondays are. I really don't have a huge problem with Monday's. But Tuesdays... They're not the first day, not half way through the week, not close to the weekend... Anyway, I find myself needing a laugh more on Tuesdays than most others. So, I'm sharing a little something amusing about signs that prove you're well into parenthood.
You Might Be A Parent If:
- you've mastered walking down the hall to the kids' room during the night with your eyes closed.
- you know to check your seat at the table for anything sticky before you sit down.
- making a quick trip to the grocery store with the kids means packing bags, having an itinerary and an escape plan.
- you're thankful when you finally smell a poopy diaper after not changing one for almost 48 hours.
- you're a pro at eating, feeding, cleaning, and reading all at the same time.
- you organize so many different schedules, bills, appointments, meetings and the like that you could easily handle being the president's personal assistant.
- you know every character on every cartoon on every network... and find yourself singing the theme songs even when you're alone in the car.
- you're wound so tight after dealing with screaming kids all day that a grizzly wouldn't even consider messing with you.
- you've given your crockpot a pet name.
- the kids ask if it's time for you to clean again.
- when your spouse asks the kids how they'd feel about mommy getting a job, their response is, "She has one. She works for us here at home." (yes, mine actually said this recently)
- the only thing in the universe that scares you now is your kids when they're really sick.
- you can top your parents' "when I was a kid..." stories.
- staying up late means making it past 9:30.
- sleeping in means not getting out of bed (even though you've been laying there awake for 45 minutes) until 7:30. (which I honestly can't remember the last time I did)
- you actually use the phrase, "because I said so" when your kids question your authority.
- you know the quickest way to get in and out of every park, library, mall and grocery store.
- you finish watching the kids' movies even after they've gone to bed because you know that its better than any adult movie that's come out in the last 5 years or so.
- you find yourself looking at the clock every few minutes for the last hour before the kids go to bed, counting down the seconds to freedom.
- you're bummed when the kids go to bed because you had so much fun with them during the day.
- you enjoy planning family outings like the county fair or Christmas light hunting because you know that it's a good possibility that you'll have just as much fun, if not more, than the kids.
- you can't remember what life was like before the kids came along and you have no desire to.
Happy Tuesday! (Don't forget to encourage someone today!)