Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Makin A Comeback

And I'm back.

I don't feel the need to apologize for leaving abruptly. Sometimes life gets in the way of the things we want or enjoy. The only thing you can do is to keep moving, try to keep your chin up and focus on the goal. The time I spent blogging months ago took me away from my family at a time that I was needed in ways I'd never been needed before. But that's how life goes. Motherhood isn't predictable. It isn't easy. Neither is being a wife. And sometimes, most of the time, my husband and children need me more than the handful of people who were reading my posts.

My inability to find a balance between family and blogging is one of the many things that secures my "wannabe" title. I envy the women who are able to make a living with their blogs and be super creative and change the lives of others through their writings while taking great care of their husbands and children and homes. Blows my mind. I look at these women and I think, "Did I miss the line where superhero powers were being handed out?" I musta been having a classic "Abby Moment" where I was in my own little world and didn't even notice the eternity long line of women receiving these powers.

When I really sit and think about it though, most of these women that I thuroughly admire are Christian women. Women who live out the description of the Proverbs 31 woman in their every day lives. Oh, the Proverbs 31 woman... The woman who set the standard so high. So very high. That's God for ya, though. Not allowing us to be mediocre. Pushing us to be more, to love more, to aspire for more. To reach higher and higher until all we can see is Him. It's hard trying to hold to that standard. But it's fun. Really. When you think about it, what's not enjoyable about loving and being loved by your family. About having a clean home and making it special. About creatively expressing yourself in a way that benefits your family. About being so awesome that your husband brags about you and your kids want all their friends to meet their mom. I see no bad here.

I'm back. The chapter of my family's life where I was needed elsewhere has finished and we're starting a new one. I don't plan on trying to write every day like I did before. It got to the point where I had no idea what to say, I was just saying something for the sake of having something to say. No more. I've got a lot of learning to do still and a lot of living to do. I don't know how long this chapter will last though. We're planning for the next chapter already and it will demand a lot of my time. For now though, I'm back and I look forward to sharing my thoughts on motherhood, my journey with my own three munchkins and what I've learned from other mothers.

Sincerey,
A Wannabe Supermom

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you're back. Blogging should be enjoyable. If you push too hard for daily content it becomes burdensome. Your true readers (me) will still love you and come over to comment whether you post once a week or once a month. You are a very gifted writer my friend. I totally respect your decision to put family first. That's as it should be. It's hard not to compare ourselves to other Proverbs 31 women out there. I do it all too often myself. I just have to keep reminding myself that nobody is perfect. I hope you're doing well! :)

    Hugs and Blessings,
    ~Rosann

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget