Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Mommy Moments: The Father of My Children

Obviously, Monday's are about "Mommy Moments" here at A Wannabe Supermom. However, if it wasn't for my husband, I wouldn't have the three amazing, beautiful children that I have now. Without him, our kids wouldn't be our kids, and they wouldn't be the children that are so much a part of my soul as I am myself. I wouldn't have them with out him.

Today is his birthday. I'm pretty sure it's the first birthday of his that I haven't managed to screw up since I met him. I'm saying that now but we've still got a few hours before we go to bed.... But seriously, I've managed to botch every single one. And each year, it's been in a whole new manner of horrible. It's funny how time and life can change your perspective so much that what used to be important no longer is and the things that didn't even register in your mind previously are the only things you can think about now. Today, I woke up knowing that all I wanted for him was to be happy and enjoy the day with kids and I. I wasn't pressed on the gift, I wasn't worried about how fancy the restaurant we would be going to was or anything else silly like that. I just wanted him to be able to laugh with the kids and I and know how special he is to us. I think he's a pretty special guy and he's got some amazing qualities that I hope our children get or learn from him. I think it worked. He seems to have had a pretty good day.

I've had the opportunity to have people in my life that have gone through some fairly tragic things in their lives and come out on top, becoming better people because of their struggle. My husband is one of those people. His "journey" was so much harder than mine and he had to work through a lot on his own that I couldn't imagine doing myself. One of the first things about my husband that caught my eye was his inability to sit still. The man doesn't do well with bored, he doesn't like to not finish something that he starts and he doesn't like laziness. He works very very hard. Another thing about him that made me fall in love with him was his generosity. He has a very giving heart. He LOVES to make others happy. He loves to spoil those around him and enjoys seeing his family content and satisfied. One last thing that I adored about him was that he accepted me for who I am. Many guys that I dated in the past wanted to change something, if not a lot, about me. But not my man. In fact, he embraced certain things about me, head on, and the things that were unfamiliar to him or different about me than other women he'd dated, he found refreshing and I think (hope) that to this day, he still does.

I want my kids to be hard workers like their dad. To be driven. To be generous and to want to make those around them joyful. I want my kids to have the strength to overcome tough situations and to make the most of themselves, the way their dad has. I am proud of the man he is and pray that my kids will be too when they're old enough to understand.

With out the man I married, I wouldn't have the most precious gifts in the world that any human could have given me. I have to throw in here that my kids are pretty darn cute because their daddy is so good looking. I mean, seriously, it's no secret that I'm attracted to him. We had 3 kids in less than 4 years of marriage....

Hunny, I know you'll read this. I hope that you had an amazing birthday. I am so lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for the three most beautiful, wonderful, joyful children that a mother could ask for. They are also lucky to have you in their lives. I am grateful that we got to share yet another year with you and got to, yet again, celebrate the day you were born. Happy birthday to the man that turned me into a mom. I love you.



Join me for a Monday Mommy Moments blog hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget