Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life Is What You Make Of It

When I woke up this morning, I just KNEW today was going to be a rough day.


I haven't slept well in the last few weeks but last night was really bad. I didn't fall asleep until sometime after 2 and woke up around 6. It's not that I have a lot on my mind or anything. I just miss my husband. I haven't adjusted to him being away on this project yet. I want so badly to fall asleep to the sound of his breathing or to reach over and hold his hand as we fall asleep. As gross as this may sound, I can't bring myself to wash his pj's yet because I don't want to loose his smell. He's my best friend, my lover, my PIC (partner in crime), and I don't like being with out him. I just can't seem to fall asleep with out him by my side. Call me dependant, call me needy, call it what you want. I call it being in love.




Knowing that I was entering the day with less than 4 hours of sleep made me nervous. Dealing with a 3 year old, a 2 year old and a 3month old with almost no sleep seemed like a ticking time bomb. I felt like I was crumbling even an hour into our day.

Some one must have been praying for me, and I mean that seriously, because I ended up having one of the best days I've had in weeks. I said a brief, desperate prayer but I really do feel that some one else was asking God to give me strength. There's no other explanation for the wonderful day I had.


I had told my oldest yesterday that we would go to the park so, feeling the need to keep my word, we (I) drug our way through the morning getting ready and then packed up a "picnic" and headed to the park. We ended up eating lunch there and playing for hours. I usually get bored at the park after the first hour because I'm not getting to run around and play on the playground like the kids are (when did it become "unacceptable" for adults to play on the playground?). However, I was able to chill out, relax and soak up the smiles and laughter of my children. I think that when we have our hearts and our minds in the right place, we are able to enjoy life a little more. God's grace and the wonderful fresh air put me in a frame of mind that allowed me to revel in the beauty of my childrens' happiness. I think I ended up having almost as much fun as they did.


I love the colors in these fresh veggies

Knowing I was going to need to go to bed earlier than I did last night, we skipped nap time. We went grocery shopping (and again, God must have been present because they behaved themselves the entire time!) and then headed home. We all decorated the house for Halloween and then ate a hearty dinner... something we haven't really done since the hubs had to go on his trip. Then I decided that the day was too gorgeous to waste so we went on a walk after dropping some cookies off at the neighbor's house. On our walk, we gathered some leaves for a craft project we planned on doing later. More sunshine, more fresh air, more laughter. On the way back in the house, my neighbor came out and handed us a nice big bag of fresh veggies from a local farm. We had a nice chat and I felt blessed to be living near such kind people. There's something about knowing that you're not living next to crazy people that leaves you feeling a bit relieved and relaxed.

After all our outdoor fun, we came inside, baked up some granola for our yogurt, worked on our leaf crafts and jammed out while we picked up the house.

I just can't believe how amazingly the day proceeded after the beginning it had. I had such a burden at the beginning of the day because of the lack of sleep and knowing that three kids are a handful and the yearning for my husband's company. The only way I can explain it is that some one was asking God to help me out today. And He did. I had such a great day with the kids. My soul feels peaceful right now.

Life is what you make of it though. I could have gotten in my own way, or in God's way today and had a terrible day. Making the choice to keep on keeping on can make all the difference. You have the ability to make it or break it.

This Wannabe Supermom had one of the best days in a long time. I love my babies.






The only "bad" part of the day was finding this in one of the bushes my son kept playing in. I have no idea what kind it is but thank God it didn't bite him!

1 comment:

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget