Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sweet Dreams

Yesterday, my younger sister and I started emailing each other with things that we're thankful for. At least one thing each day to help us remember to be thankful to our God who freely blesses us. We (people in general) have a tendency to forget Who blesses us and why He blesses us. I don't want to forget. I want to give Him credit where credit is due. Also, its a great way for us to bond as sisters, rejoicing together in things that God has given us.

Tonight, I wanted to share here what I wrote to her. Here is what I am thankful for in this moment:


"One of my favorite things in the world is watching my babies smile in their sleep. I am thankful 1) for being able to enjoy something so beautiful that came from my own flesh and blood. It is something that I hope you're able to experience one day. 2) I'm thankful, through this treasured curving of my babes' lips, that I'm reminded to slow down and know the peace that God wants me to feel. I can't say that I smile in my sleep. Most of the time I'm too weighed down by stress and pain that I am not at peace enough, even in my sleep to experience a carefree state of mind and soul. Proverbs tells us though that if we obey God's word and trust in him, we will sleep peacefully and our dreams will be sweet. Adrina smiling in her sleep as I held her reminded me to take the time to trust God and experience peace as He designed. I am thankful for such a beautiful reminder that God has good things in mind for me." 
Proverbs 3:19-24 say
"By wisdom, the Lord laid down the earth's foundations, by understanding He set the heavens in place; by His knowledge the deeps were divided, and the clouds let drop the dew.
My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck.
Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, you sleep will be sweet."
God has given us an abundance of wisdom and insight. He has given us instructions that will benefit us and make us prosper if we obey. Its not rocket science. Its actually all quite simple once you understand that He has shown us the way, through His perfect love. I am thankful for that. I can't do it on my own. I'm stupid and head strong and quick to make the worst possible choices. He spelled it all out for me.
If I "preserve sound judgment and discernment" I will be able to go through life with out worry. If I practice what I've been taught, what God has so graciously given me, I will be able to rest. I will be able to lay in the arms of my Father and smile in my sleep, full of peace and empty of all that troubles the soul.
I will be forever grateful to my sleeping beauty for smiling in her sleep and blessing me with the reminder that my God wants the very same thing for me.

2 comments:

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget