Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crafts with my Kids

I love fall. Its my favorite season. I think its my favorite because some of my happiest memories happened in the fall. As a kid, school started in the fall, soccer season was in the fall. We used to, as a family, rake leaves in the yard. I'm pretty sure that my sister and I played in the leaves more than we raked. As I got older, home coming was in the fall, college started in the fall, the fair up by my grandmother's house was in the fall. I met and was engaged to my husband in the fall. My son was born in the fall. Lots of happy times happened in the fall. Not to mention that I love the weather. Its cooler, the leaves change colors (well, not so much down here in the south which totally bums me out but in the north, its beautiful). There's an excuse to drink hot chocolate on a daily basis. I would rather wear sweaters than shorts... and I felt that way even before I gained all this "mommy" weight. I feel alive in the fall. I just love it!

I'm always looking for an excuse to celebrate something so why not celebrate something I love so much like the fall season. I also enjoy doing arts and crafts so today, the kids and I made some "fall bouquets".

We used:
Pipe cleaners
construction paper
washable paint
scissors
smocks

I took red, yellow and orange paint and painted the kids hands with it. Then I had them put their hands on the paper so we had a hand print of theirs. They did different color paints on different papers. After the hand prints dried, I cute them out and punched tiny holes in the bottoms. I threaded the pipe cleaners through the holes, wound them all together and put them in a vase. Hence, the bouquet.

There's something about kids hand prints that I find so adorable. Can't go wrong combining two things that make me very happy, Fall and my children. The bouquet made a cute little addition to my decorations.







5 comments:

  1. I love it! So adorable and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby...awesome. You can do this at Christmas also. Do red and green handprints and make a wreath out of them. I think I still have the one you made me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun craft! kids crafts are the best. you have a lot of fun posts here. i'm gonna stay and look around a bit more. coming to you from VB. I'm a new follower! take care ~

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've Never Seen Hand prints As Flowers Cool Idea. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and a great craft!! I love this!! I'm now following you and look forward to reading more from you!! Thanks! It's great to find you on voiceBoks!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget