Sunday, September 18, 2011

All Aboard the Crazy Train... Again...

Here we go again. On board the crazy train.

I have three kids. My oldest is 3. My second will be 2 in just a few weeks and in a few days, my youngest will be 3 months. For a little while, it's just them and me. My husband has to do some hardcore traveling. So I'm home alone 24/7 for an undisclosed amount of time with the kids. I've been alone with them for all of 4 hours and I'm already going crazy.

My wonderful daughter, my oldest, is in her bossy phase. Everything I say, she repeats... as long as its a command. She is currently screaming at her brother, "I told you not to do that! You're not listening very well. Time out now!" My son entered his Tarzan phase months ago and hasn't moved on. He just tried to jump off the arm of the couch into the playpen where the baby is sleeping (was sleeping...) which is about 4 feet away from the couch. Am I bad that I'm not getting up from my blogging to reprimand him? Maybe, but this is helping me cope with their outrageousness.

I love my children more than anything else in this world. I don't know what I'd do without a single one of them. I've said to people before that I had no idea that my life was even missing something until my children were born. Then my life was so much fuller in every beautiful way that it afterward dawned on me that it was emptier before they entered.

However...

They scare the snot out of me sometimes. Being alone with them terrifies me a little bit. They aren't wrapped in bubble wrap. They don't come with pause or mute buttons. They are germ magnets. Only one is potty trained. One likes to jump from high places. One can't even feed herself. Another likes to color on my walls. They enjoy beating each other up. My middle child likes to throw heavy toys from the balcony. My oldest plays with her hair so much it falls out. My youngest cries until you pick her up and then she smiles. And then she pukes. All of them are addicted to their sippy cups or bottles. I can't go to the bathroom (which used to be my safe haven) with out them banging on the door calling, "MOMMY! I NEED YOU!" The oldest go to bed at 8 and wake up around 6:30. My baby goes to bed around 10 and wakes up when ever she feels like it. Lately around 6 am. I'm usually worn out around 4 pm and don't feel like waking up until about 8 the next morning. Sleep... whats that?

Somehow, I'm supposed to stay sane, keep them all healthy, maintain the house, entertain, feed and bathe them all. Take care of three dogs and make sure the bills get paid on time. Among a few other things.

The worst, scariest part, is that I'm going to be missing my husband the entire time. Not because I wish I had his extra pair of arms and legs to help me control the kids. But because he is my best friend, my support, my companion, my partner in crime and much much more. I missed him the second I kissed him goodbye. That alone made me feel like a crazy person. Babe, if you're reading this, I love you with all my heart. I can't wait to see you again. For now, I'll take hearing your voice.

Anyway... If the next few posts sound a bit... paranoid or over the edge, you know why. I'm going to do my best to hold on to my sanity while keeping every one else alive. This Wannabe Supermom is out... I'm being fake cried at.

At least the Steelers won today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget